- Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society. The ANZICS Statement on Death and Organ Donation (3rd Edition). Melbourne: ANZICS, 2008.
Organ Donation Systems
- Voo. The Ethics of Organ Transplantation: Shortages and Strategies. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2009;38:359-64
Ethics of Death & Organ Donation
- Verheijde. Recovery of transplantable organs after cardiac or circulatory death: transforming the paradigm for the ethics of organ donation. Philos Ethics Humanit Med. 2007 May 22;2:8.
- Potts. Does it matter that organ donors are not dead? Ethical and policy implications. J Med Ethics 2005;31:406–409.
Care of the Potential Organ Donor
- Kutsogiannis. Medical management to optimize donor organ potential: review of the literature. Can J Anaesth. 2006 Aug;53(8):820-30.
After Brain Death
- Frontera. How I manage the adult potential organ donor: donation after neurological death (part 1). Neurocrit Care. 2010 Feb;12(1):103-10.
- Bugge. Brain death and its implications for management of the potential organ donor. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2009; 53: 1239–1250
- Barklin. Systemic inflammation in the brain-dead organ donor. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2009; 53: 425–435
- Mascia. Management to optimize organ procurement in brain dead donors. Minerva Anestesiol. 2009 Mar;75(3):125-33.
After Cardiac Death
- Frontera. How I manage the adult potential organ donor: donation after cardiac death (part 2). Neurocrit Care. 2010 Feb;12(1):111-6.
- Rady. Organ Procurement After Cardiocirculatory Death: A Critical Analysis. J Intensive Care Med 2008;23:303-312
- Opdam. Why predict time to death after withdrawal of life-sustaining therapy? Crit Care Resusc 2008;10(4):276-277
- Rady. Organ donation after circulatory death: the forgotten donor? Crit Care. 2006;10(5):166.
- Bell. Non-heart beating organ donation: old procurement strategy—new ethical problems. J Med Ethics 2003;29:176–181 (free registration required)