European Society of Intensive Care Medicine Congress Update / October 7th 2015
Welcome to a supplemental Critical Care Reviews Newsletter, bringing you the major research studies presented and subsequently published at the 2015 ESICM Hot Topics Sessions over the past three days. There have been multiple studies presented, but only half have been published.
Of note, four of the speakers presenting during these sessions will be present at the Critical Care Reviews Meeting next January - Dr Paul Young, Dr Anthony Gordon, Prof Tim Walsh and Prof Danny McAuley. In addition, Dr John Holcomb, lead author of the PROPPR trial published earlier this year in JAMA, will discuss his study, while Profs Jean Louis Vincent and Luciano Gattinoni will be on hand to provide insight and opinion on these investigations. Dr Brian Burns, from Sydney HEMS, completes the speaker line up with the inaugural John Hinds Trauma Lecture.
- Full Text: Young. Effect of a Buffered Crystalloid Solution vs Saline on Acute Kidney Injury Among Patients in the Intensive Care Unit (SPLIT Trial). JAMA 2015;epublished October 7th
- Full Text: Young. Acetaminophen for Fever in Critically Ill Patients with Suspected Infection (HEAT Trial). N Eng J Med 2015;epublished October 5th
- Abstract: Nichol. Erythropoietin in traumatic brain injury (EPO-TBI): a double-blind randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2015;epublished October 7th
- Full Text: Andrews. Hypothermia for Intracranial Hypertension after Traumatic Brain Injury (Eurotherm3235 Trial). N Engl J Med 2015;epublished October 7th
- Full Text: Lemiale. Effect of Noninvasive Ventilation vs Oxygen Therapy on Mortality Among Immunocompromised Patients With Acute Respiratory Failure. A Randomized Clinical Trial (IVNIctus Study). JAMA 2015;epublished October 7th
- Full Text: Hausenloy. Remote Ischemic Preconditioning and Outcomes of Cardiac Surgery (ERICCA Trial). N Eng J Med 2015;epublished October 5th
- Full Text: Maybohm. A Multicenter Trial of Remote Ischemic Preconditioning for Heart Surgery (RIPHeart Study). N Eng J Med 2015;epublished October 5th
- Abstract: Quenot. Very high volume hemofiltration with the Cascade system in septic shock patients. Intensive Care Med 2015;epublished October
Until the weekend