Paper of the Day
January 2nd - 8th 2012
This week's topic is non-antibiotic therapy for sepsis
- Kristiansen. The potential management of resistant infections with non-antibiotics. J Antimicrob Chemother 1997;40(3):319-327
- Kopterides. Statins for sepsis: a critical and updated review. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 2009;15:325–334.
- Hübel. Therapeutic use of cytokines to modulate phagocyte function for the treatment of infectious diseases: current status of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, macrophage colony-stimulating factor, and interferon-gamma. J Infect Dis. 2002 May 15;185(10):1490-501.
- Srinivasan. Melatonin in septic shock: Some recent concepts. Journal of Critical Care 2010;25:656.e1–656.e6
- Ratanarat. Roles of Extracorporeal Blood Purification in Sepsis.J Med Assoc Thai 2007; 90 (5): 1021-31